2. Collection of Personal Information
- (a) In order to register as a user of the App, you will be asked to sign in using your Facebook login and thereby authorize us to access and store certain of your Facebook account information, such as your first name, date of birth, gender, email address, likes, education history, current city, photos, personal description, and the list of friends provided that they are also App users. This information will be updated whenever you sign-in.
- (b) In addition, you will be asked upon registration to provide us with your preferences for showing recommendations of other App users that you may wish to meet, such as gender, age range and search distance. You are also invited to write a short personal profile description.
- (c) Further, you will be asked to allow us to track your location information. In particular, we use location tracking technologies such as GPS (global positioning system), beacons and peer-to-peer kits. Beacons allow us to precisely track your location whenever your device is located within its radiation range and Bluetooth is activated. We have installed beacons at various locations, such as bars, clubs, cafés, restaurants and shops, but also other public places where you would not expect beacons to be installed but that may be of interest to our business partners. For example, we may place beacons near shop windows to measure the frequency of pedestrians passing by. Peer-to-peer kits recognize nearby devices of other App users when Bluetooth and/or WiFi is activated. They help us to measure the density of presence at a specific location. Please note that we can track your location with GPS, beacons or peer-to-peer kits even if the App is running in the background. Detection through beacons is even possible if the App is deactivated, i.e. removed from the background.
- (d) In addition, we will collect and store personal information that you voluntarily provide while using our Service, such as photos. If you disclose personal information pertaining to third parties to BLINQ, you are responsible for the approval of the persons concerned and for the accuracy of the information provided.
- (e) When you use the App, we automatically collect information from your device and about your usage behavior. Such information may include your IP address, device ID and type, browser type, language setting, operating system of your device, times of server interaction, ratings that you assign to or receive from other App users, matches with other App users and user reactions thereto (“Hi” or “Bye”), and messages between App users.
- (f) We may combine your information with other information that we receive from you through other products and services deployed by us.
- (g) Based on the aggregated personal information we collect about you and other App users, we may assign you to a specific user segment, which may entail certain automated predictions about your social behavior and consumer patterns.
3. Processing of Personal Information and its Purposes
- (a) BLINQ requires your personal information for the following purposes:
- (i) Verifying your eligibility as a user of the App through our social relevance algorithm;
- (ii) Providing the functionality of the App to you;
- (iii) Administrating your user account;
- (iv) Analyzing your use of, or interest in, the App or other products, services and content provided by us or third parties;
- (v) Providing content and advertising tailored to your personality, interests or situational circumstances through the App or third party media channels.
- (b) BLINQ ensures appropriate data privacy in compliance with statutory requirements. In particular, BLINQ protects the App and all other systems in an appropriate manner by means of technical and organizational measures against loss, destruction, access, modification or divulgence of your personal information by unauthorized third parties.
- (c) BLINQ reserves the right to store your personal information until you request its deletion. Statutory date retention requirements remain reserved.
4. Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
- (a) The following information from your App proﬁle will be viewable by other App users: First name, age, common likes, common current cities or other locations, up to five photos chosen by the user, number (but not identity) of common Facebook friends, personal profile description, approximate distance between the App users, last time of access to the App, gender interests.
- (b) We may share your personal information with other group companies of BLINQ.
- (c) We may share, on an aggregated and de-personalized basis, information about the frequency and duration of visits of App users at certain locations, including motion profiles, with third parties such as bars, clubs, cafés, restaurants, shops, advertising marketers and media companies. For example, we may disclose to a certain shop the number and segmentation of pedestrians that have passed by a shop window and later visited that shop.
- (a) Web views within the App may use "cookies". Cookies are small text files sent by the corresponding web server to the user's browser upon first visit of the website and saved onto the user's device or in the cache of the browser. The data collected with the help of cookies are used by BLINQ to improve its services and to analyze the usage of the website. There is no other use of the data, nor are the data used to identify the user of the website.
- (b) You can set your browser not to save any cookies, or have your browser delete the cookies already saved on your device respectively. However you should bear in mind that by doing so you may no longer be able to use all the provided functions of the website in full. The procedures to change the browser settings vary from browser to browser.
6. Service Providers
- (b) We may share your personal information with third parties that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include data hosting or supporting App functionality. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform and analyze the usage of the functions provided by them but are not permitted by us to share or use such information for other purposes.
7. Use of Social Plug-Ins
- (a) The App uses social plug-ins ("plug-ins") of facebook.com, operated by Facebook Inc, and other social media networks (“Social Networks”). The plug-ins are labelled with an icon of the respective Social Network. When you visit online content containing plug-ins, your browser establishes a direct connection to the servers of the respective Social Network.
- (b) If you are logged in on the corresponding Social Network, it can assign the access of the online content to your account of the corresponding Social Network. When you interact with the plug-ins, for instance with Facebook's "Like" button, or add a comment, the corresponding information is transmitted directly to the corresponding Social Network.
- (c) Please refer to the data privacy statements of the corresponding Social Network regarding purpose and extent of data collection, processing and usage, as well as your rights in this respect and setting options for protecting your privacy.
8. Privacy of Children
BLINQ does not allow people under the age of 13 to register for the App. Furthermore, we do not knowingly collect and process any data from children under the age of 13.
9. Owner of the Data File
BLINQ Ltd., Quellenstrasse 28, 8005 Zürich, Switzerland, is the owner of the Data file.
10. Right of Access to and Correction of Data
You have a right of access to and/or correction of your personal information, pursuant to statutory provisions. A request for access or correction is to be sent in writing or via e-mail, accompanied by a copy of a document identifying you, to the following address:
Zürich, November 2015